Hey! I'm James Walton.
Otherwise, I'm a father, a husband, a traveler, an aspiring writer and photographer. I am always looking for a creative outlet, a source of inspiration, or a way to quiet that inner noise perpetuated by the
blessing curse of imagination.
Do you want to get together to talk-shop, wax poetic about the state of the world, or just shoot the breeze over coffee or a TX IPA? Get in touch:
Thanks for swinging by.
It's been quite a road to get here. It feels as though I've lived several lives already. Here's a rough timeline of events:
- Born in Minnesota
- Loved art, and drawing. I started out copying characters in the comic books I read and collected
- First computer was an Apple II gs.
- Played baseball; pitched and played first base.
- Attended high school in Manchester, NH.
- Played the guitar -- started a
great hard-core grunge garage band called 'Shovel hat'. lol ;)
- Moved to Buffalo, NY
- After HS graduation, helped to open a tattoo and piercing shop. When I wasn't drawing tattoo flash, I fabricated piercing jewelry on a machinist's lathe
- In 1998, discovered electronic music by going to raves in and around Toronto, Canada. I was immediately in love with 'the scene' and sold my guitar to buy turntables. Dj'd under the monikor 'jDubb'. Here's a mix
- Attended Buffalo State College where I majored in graphic design
- While attending college I cooked in a greek restaurant.
- Transferred to and graduated from University of Buffalo where I majored in Media Study. The program encompassed everything from web design and development to feature film production and sound design
- Freelanced as a graphic designer, and continued making films and videos.
- Moved to Austin TX -- What a great city!
- Worked on many experimental shorts and one feature length film called Hallettsville, which starred Gary Busey. It was a lot of fun dealing with his genius.
- Worked at Asuragen developing initial brand, and website
- Worked at Razorfish, Inc.. Had amazing mentorship program.
- Worked at Bloomfire, an Austin TX startup
- Working at frog Design